Import in a terrible state

Been away from my camera for a couple of months, and finally got round to importing photos in to F-spot, and was quite surprised how bad the import process has become for me.

Firstly, it has slowed to a crawl. For about 100 images on the camera it took multiple minutes to get the preview thumbnails up in the import box. The previous import dialog was much faster on the same machine.

Secondly, I have lost the ability to select which images to import - I used to use shift-click to select a range and ctrl-click to select individual files in much the same way as you might in other apps. This used to work and now doesn't.

In the end I just looked at the camera in a file window, selecting the files I wanted then dragged them to F-spot. Even them the import window took a long time to import just 24 files.

Using Ubuntu 10.10, 4GB RAM, lots of disk space, Fspot 0.8.0, Canon 450D camera.

All this stuff used to work fine in previous versions.

James