Re: date adjustment problem

For your purpose, you don't need any other software than f-spot. First
open f-spot and open the menu entry "Edit / Settings" and tell f-spot to
save tags and descriptions inside the file if possible (sorry, I cannot
tell you literally, because I use German translation). Then import the
pictures from your camera and do everything you want (tagging, date and
time adjustment) inside f-spot.

If you now want to have your adjusted files in their respective folders
(date), just select them inside f-spot and drag'n drop them to any place
you want (e.g. your Desktop). Then delete them inside f-spot (delete
from hard disk) and re-import them from your Desktop.

That's all.

Regards
Heinrich