Re: date adjustment problem

I do this sort of thing quite a lot because I getoag images quite often. Normally I adjust the date before importing to f-spot but occasionally I forget. I also like my jpegs in the 'correct' folder and with meaningful filenames so I often do the following:

    1. export from f-spot
2. do whatever needs to be done in linux (exiv2, gpscorrelate, rename etc)
    3. Check
    4. Delete from f-spot
    5 import to f-spot

In fact, because I like meaningful filenames, every f-spot session goes like this:
    1. import to f-spot
    2. tag all imported photos (write metadata to file is set)
    3. export imported photos
    4. run a script that renames files based on their tags
    5. delete from f-spot
    6. import to f-spot

exiv2 is quite a flexible tool but there are lots that do some nice things. jhead and exiftool are useful too.

Dougie