Re: f-spot-list Digest, Vol 82, Issue 2

Regarding database format documentation:

f-spot uses a sqlite database consisting of only a few tables. E.g. there is one table called photos with one line for each picture. There is another table called "tags" where all tags are registered. Which photos belong to what tag shows a table called photo_tags. So the data model is pretty obvious and with little SQL knowledge it is possible to extract information from the database.
Personally I am using F-spot for a kind of document management system. For this, I wrote a SQL-Script generating a table of content as csv-file.

During the last versions, there where no fundamental changes to the data model (afaik). Therefore it should be possible to make yourself familiar with the database regardless of the version as soon as you understand the basic principle.

best regards,
- diprob