Re: Please, continue evonving f-spot

I've been kind-of looking for a way into f-spot development, but the
maintainer activity is a bit low to say the least...

In the meantime I've started to feel that f-spot is a bit behind it's
time, with gnome focusing a fair bit on tracker and it's metadata store
and all. I've started toying with starting a project using tracker for
metadata, including some custom ontologies for storing tag information
(such as parent tag, location, etc) if that is not already there. I have
no idea of the amount of work to use tracker in this way...

There is no emmidiate benefit to using tracker in the short-term though
(apart from a few pretty awesome features that are hard to implement in
f-spot), so if development were to pick up again, I could probably help
with a few patches here and there when I have time :)

--
Simon Lindgren