Re: Time synchronization [was: GPS geotagging: first steps to implementation]

 Here's the result of my questioning a mailing list that has a ton of
camera-toting UX people. Sorry for the length, and I've snipped some personal
info. Hope it helps.

Michael Lissner

--------------------

Paul is right, about the problems of remembering, of using multiple
camera bodies, and the ease of adjusting times with Lightroom etc.
But the latter depends on knowing what you are adjusting TO, i.e., if
I know my camera is set to PDT and I took those pictures in another
time zone;  or if I know I took them at x time and the EXIF says y
time.

Maybe the ideal solution would be something that syncs to GMT -- aka
UT?  Then when I see whee my pictures were taken I can adjust the
whole set by entering the place/time zone into LR, Flickr, whatever.
GPS satellites broadcast a time signal:
http://www.ntp-time-server.com/ntp-server/ntp-server.htm.  Or: there
are clocks that sync to the US atomic clock
http://www.ntp-time-server.com/atomic-clock.htm -- might not work
elsewhere but would work in US. Put a receiver in cameras?