Re: raw photos

Hello Peter,

2010/9/8 Peter Hagen <peter wingsofdeath nu>:
> I knew this already, but my question is, why can f-spot show them
> on screen perfectly, and when I use ufraw or rawstudio to convert them, I
> always get a different result. Why is it not possible for f-spot to export
> the photo, just like its shown on the screen? Cause, f-spot really shows it
> the way I want the photo to be.

f-spot shows the JPEG preview image your camera embeds into the RAW
image. This image is been processed by your camera. ufraw can't really
reproduce the image processing steps your camera is performing, but
you can get very good results using the color managed workflow (see
http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Colors.html). You can also extract the
preview JPEG using the following command line:

dcraw -e DSCxxxx.NEF

HTH,
Joerg.