raw photos

Hello,

I have a (probably stupid) question about the raw photos, which surely someone has an answer. At home I use the f-spot which is in the default Ubuntu 10.04 distribution (I guess its the 0.6.1.5 version). I use allot of NEF photos (raw photos from Nikon) which are shown by F-spot perfectly. Only, when I want to export them, its not possible to write the to jpeg or something. I knew this already, but my question is, why can f-spot show them on screen perfectly, and when I use ufraw or rawstudio to convert them, I always get a different result. Why is it not possible for f-spot to export the photo, just like its shown on the screen? Cause, f-spot really shows it the way I want the photo to be.

With kind regards,

Peter Hagen