Re: critical missing feature: embedding tags in EXIF/IPTC

On 3 September 2010 05:36, Ulf Rompe <ulf exiflow org> wrote:

> Regarding the updated exiflow extensions: They are already in the repository
> ( http://exiflow.sourceforge.net/f-spot-addins/main.mrep ), but we didn't
> announce them yet due to some crashes of wich we aren't sure if they are
> triggered by the extensions or by F-Spot itself. Expect another week of
> testing, or just be reckless and try to use them right now. :-)

I saw them on sourceforge, I tried to install, but f-spot says core
0.7 not found. I think there is another repository missing, but for
now I am not using the 7 series, I did  a test the other day and
f-spot said «corrupt IPTC, can't write on the photo, falling back to
xmp sidecar». The sad part is that I just opened the application,
WITHOUT writing anything or updating or whatever, so it seems we are
back to the old problem where f-spots writes on my photos WITHOUT
telling me.

This is pretty annoying. I hope it did not screw up my collection
(like with the date/time issue of pre-07 series).

By the way, the exiassign is not working for me (exif data already
present, if I try --force it crashes).

--
Web: http://traversin.org
GNU/Linux user 190604