Import/duplicate issues with 0.7.2 upgrade

So, I don't know if this is a bug or me doing something wrong, but it's frustrating. Looking over the archives, I thought it might be OK to ask here before posting a bug. Apologies if not.

Short version is that I updated to 0.7.2 yesterday, ran the "check for duplicates" doo-dad, but now checking for updates doesn't seem to work.

Long version is :

Yesterday (in whichever version of f-spot ships with Lucid) I imported ~10,000 photos into a fresh library. During this process I consolidated a bunch of directories with duplicated photos, and f-spot's duplicate detection worked like a dream. I was really pleased with that.

Then I saw there was an f-spot PPA, and some of the features (chiefly deleting from a camera on import) were attractive, so I updated.

Then I found one more directory with a mix of dupes and unimported photos.

F-spot wanted to import all of the photos as new. This wasn't *that* surprising, as I understand that somewhere along the way the hashing algorithm got changed. So I went up to the "check for duplicates" dialog. It said I had ~10,000 photos that needed to be hashed. I told it to have at it.

This morning, it still says I have 83 images that need to be checked. I can't tell if it's given up on those, or is still checking them at a rate of about one every hour.

What I can tell is is that duplicate detection seems to have stopped working. I stopped the running detection (in case it would conflict with checking on import), then went back to some of the photos I imported yesterday and tried to import them again, thinking that if duplicate detection was ever going to work, it should on importing the same photos twice from the same place. Not so much. It still wants to import every photo.

I tried this on several folders, so I'm sure it's not just those 83 unchecked photos.

Thoughts? In the meantime, I will turn it on those last 83 and wait for it to finish.

todd.