Does F-Spot target RAW workflow too?

Hi,

AFAIR, this is my first post to the list, so I'd like to say hello.

Among other things, the goals [1] say something like this:

[1] http://f-spot.org/Goals

"These and more advanced users are encouraged by F-Spot to grow their
skills, to the point where they integrate more specialized photo
manipulation software into their F-Spot workflow."

May I ask for a bit of clarification of this sentence?

Does it mean integrated (internally, tightly, directly) RAW workflow
is not considered as one of F-Spot goals?
Does it mean there is no place for RAW processing algorithms and tools
in F-Spot, thus F-Spot will by design delegate such functionality to
external tools?

I have used digiKam for long time. I like its feature richness,
though I suffer when I have to use user-unfriendly and bloated UI of
digiKam. Thus, I rather "Open in UFRaw" from digiKam than hit digiKam's
F4 to edit in the built-in tools.

However, I like the idea of built-in RAW processors very much,
especially if well integrated with photo organiser features.
The integration point is quite important here.
F-Spot looks like a great potential alternative to digiKam - clean,
user-friendly and pleasant to use.

Does it fit to the idea of F-Spot at all?

Best regards,