Re: Unit tests

On wo, 2010-06-09 at 22:08 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 08.06.2010, 12:27 +0200 schrieb Ruben Vermeersch:
> > On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 22:45 +0300, Anton Keks wrote:
> > > The only way to force that is to make running them compulsory at the
> > > end of each build.
> > > Otherwise, sooner or later, people will start skipping them and they
> > > will be made useless again.
> > >
> > > Maybe we need continuous integration server somewhere? My experience
> > > shows that this is required in order to keep a hand on the tests
> > > properly.
> >
> > If someone could set this up, it'd be massively cool, but I don't have
> > the resources to do so.
>
> Would not Git hooks be enough for the beginning? Please take a look at
> [1].

How about we just start by simply having tests? If it turns out they are
problematic (ignored / unmaintained), we can always look into enforcing
them at that point. Given the limited coverage they currently have,
there's very little reason to do it right now though.

And once again: I won't merge anything that breaks unit tests :-)

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.savanne.be/