Re: FSpotFS

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:00 AM, <f-spot-list-request gnome org> wrote:

Basically it builds a directory hierarchy of F-Spot tags allowing
navigation and photo viewing, this way I can walk throw my collection
without touching the original organization (by date for example).

Also, images are represented by soft links to original files.

> > Wanted to add my little grain of sand to the project, I've developed a
> > python based FUSE filesystem to F-Spot. This is a project developed a long
> >
> > Grab a copy from http://github.com/omab/fspotfs and play a bit with it,
> > feedback is well welcome.

Oh my! I've been dreaming about something like this for ages. Kept saying "when I have time, I'll try to build this..."

Basically, the main thing I want this for is simply ease of access to the images... especially through my PS3 which is being fed images via DLNA from my media server box. I can probably configure TwonkyMedia to do what I want, but haven't had time to do that either.

But I *really* wanted a filesystem level version anyway.

I can't wait to check this out!

Thanks!
m@