Re: Time synchronization [was: GPS geotagging: first steps to implementation]

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 31.08.2010, 11:55 +0200 schrieb Massimo Citterio:
> Il giorno mar, 31/08/2010 alle 11.45 +0200, Mike Gemünde ha scritto:
> >
> > First, geotagging without a map widget is IMHO useless.
>
> Right. So you think the first step should be the creation of a map
> widget?
> I can agree with that.
> What features do you think it should have?

* Showing Markers (Thumbnails?)
* Showing Tracks
* Moving Markers (drag)
* Extendability

That is not very much, but enough for the first shot.

Possibilities:

Libchamplain:
-------------
http://projects.gnome.org/libchamplain/

+ based on clutter
+ clutter + libchamplain are part of gnome (asfaik)
- no (working, maintained) mono clutter bindings

osm-gps-map:
------------
http://nzjrs.github.com/osm-gps-map/

o simple widget
- also no bindings
+ maybe easier to create/maintain mono bindings
o does it fullfill our requirements?

web based widget:
(Use API from osm/google and embedd it into a browser widget ->
webkit-gtk)

- the mono gtk webkit widget does not support much communication (call
javascript functions, provide callbacks, transmit objects...)
o Ruben was working on it (just the webkit stuff, not on a web widget).

That are the possible solutions which I have in mind. The list does not
claim completeness.

Mike