Re: GPS geotagging: first steps to implementation

Il giorno sab, 28/08/2010 alle 14.46 +0200, Jan Girlich ha scritto:

> HTH as starters, there are many more cool features you can think of,
> but
> get the basics straight first, I'd say.

I agree

this is what I wrote in my scratch file about what a plugin should do:

0 sync 2 or more camera time (usually my two cameras and my gps-cell
phone have different time)

import geo-data from jpeg exif:
1 should draw a map (openstreetmap, free. google - need api key?) with a
pin / mark for each picture,
2 be able to move / adjust position on the map of a single picture - set
of pictures using the mouse
3 be able to move / adjust position on the map using a text search field
(street, city, cap....)
4 be able to add pictures without geo tag data as well with points 2/3
5 propose location of the pics without gps data based on same time /
time interpolation (if the time is similar, the place should be the
same)

plus there are some extras, but I think we can focus on the basic
features and then improve

Massimo