Re: mockups of very good ideas for the

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Michael Lissner
<mlissner michaeljaylissner com> wrote:
> This isn't entirely fair just to dismiss all of these out of hand. I too
> like F-spot because of its simplicity, but if useful new tools could be
> added to it in such a way as to be unobtrusive while adding
> functionality, that seems like a good thing to me.

Yes, I agree, as plugins. Many of those mockups have a valid
functionality disguised by lots of eyecandy. Things like mosaic
creation, print layouts, and domain-specific edition tools (like
facial touch-ups) would be great plugins, but they are too narrow in
usage to be included in the main program (they would quickly become
bloat).

IMO, if added, they should follow the GUI conventions of the host
program (F-Spot), and not look like an application within an
application.