Re: Massive, massive, massive memory leak

Dan wrote:
I've been floating back and forth between f-spot, picasa and digikam for quite a while. Suffice to say I can't find one that really sits well with me. Now I've found a blocker to using f-spot at all. I can't import my photos. I have them all backed up on an external usb drive. When I select the folder to import from f-spot ( many versions for the past couple of years, ubuntu, gentoo, sabayon ), f-spot quickly chews up all my memory and brings down the whole system. Occasionally I've been able to open an xterm, open top, and kill it. Sometimes not.

I've had this experience with tracker attempting to index the thumbnails of my RAW images.

--Pat