Re: geotagged photos

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 18:57 +0200, Sergiy Zuban wrote:
> Is there a way (plugin?) to mark photos with GEO information inside?
> I like the way how Picasa do that (red mark on thumbnail).
> Also I'm looking for ability to open geotagged photo in google
> maps/earth, bing, etc to see where exactly photo was taken without
> uploading it. Currently I have to upload photos (with low resolution
> to speed up process) to PicasaWebAlbums.

There were 2 different plugins being worked on.  I haven't heard about
any of them in a long time so I can't tell about their progress.

In the mean time, you can have a look at the Map plugin in EOG which
comes in the eog-plugins package.  It will display on a map in the
sidebar the locating of your geotagged photos.

Pierre-Luc