Re: Roadmap to 1.0

Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 13:57 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
   ---- 8< ---- *SNIP* ---- 8< ----

Guys, less discussing and dreaming, more mockups and plans. Come with
something concrete (drawings, use cases and explanations of how things
should work).

If we're staying in the realm of crazy ideas and dreams, we'll never get
there. If you want these kind of things: make a mockup and explain us
how it'll work. Then we can talk about what works and what doesn't. As
an example, check out [1]. It gives us something *very* concrete which
we can implement (and it's a shame we didn't already, we're just lacking
hands).

I thought it was one of the purposes of the mailing list to discuss development considerations?

Anyway how should we document our ideas? Most of this isn't something to be mocked up with screenshots, so if you've got examples of more abstract designs, those would be good to see. And where is the best place to put the documents?

In short: show us mockups and concrete plans on how to implement this.
We can keep debating on the merits of locking and replication, but it's
not going to bring us any closer :-)

Why won't it bring us any closer? Brian brought up some good ideas in the discussion, and if someone likes them and puts them into code, that's closer, no? :-)