Re: How does F-spot handle metadata

I am currently also researching this topic because I have the idea on implementing the online/offline storage support in F-Spot (anyone interested in mentoring?)

It seems that F-Spot also uses the Adobe's XMP format for storing keywords and description inside of JPEG and PNG files. For parsing of XMP it uses the SemWeb RDF library.
XMP is what Adobe programs also support for such kind of metadata, including licence info. I am currently looking on how Lightroom reads/writes such data using VirtualBox :-)

Look at XMP, it seems to be the way to go for licenses. Lightroom also provides the possibility of attaching licenses in the import dialog. F-Spot could use a similar design :-)

Anton

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo milesi yetopen it> wrote:
F-Spot writes to files using libexif. Which, in the future, will be replaced by libexiv2.