How does F-spot handle metadata

Hi , I am a student applying for Gsoc which would involve writing a plugin for F-spot. I am a newbie to F-spot development though. The idea is that their is a library called liblicense to read and write creative commons license data .What i would like to know is how does F-spot handle matadata especially syncing the metadata when F-spot image is uploaded to Flickr etc... Any suggestions on how to go about doing and researching for this project are also welcome.

--
A-M-I-T S|S