Re: move photos into date directory hierarchy

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:46 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian interlinx bc ca> wrote:
Lacking a method in the f-spot UI to do this, I think really, all I want
to do is to search the f-spot database for entries that are not in the
year/month/day hierarchy, dig the year, month and day out of the photo
(or database if that's in the database), move the photo to the right
year/month/day directory and then change the database pointer.

I did something similar with a Perl script.  It was quite easy to do.  I don't have that script around, but I still use my own script to import photos.

I'd probably scan the file system for photos that are not in the correct place, attempt to lookup in the f-spot database, and then either update or insert after moving the file.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley hank org