Slightly offtopic: unsharp tagging (date, places)

Hi everybody,

this is slightly offtopic but might be interesting for meta-data
support...

How do I add unsharp tags for date, time and place? It seems that all
meta-data formats (EXIF, XMP, ...) have exact date and time values. But
what do I do with pictures taken on film and scanned, where I don't have
the exact information? The uncertainty ranges from "yesterday, around 11
o'clock" to "Sometime in the early 1930's"...

Is there a way to add an uncertainty value (like plus-minus 5 years) to
a date?

Also with places: if I geotag my pictures I can add exact GPS
information (which is +-5m or so for technical reasons) or I can do it
manually with e.g. google maps. For the second way, sometimes I can only
tell the city or, even worse in case of old scanned pictures, the
country and region. Also here it would be great to add an uncertainty to
the data (either mark it as exact GPS data or "data correct up to a
certain level (e.g. city)")

Can this be done using the meta-data standards or is it only possible by
extending them?

-- Nils