Re: Importing photos from read-only device

Lorenzo,

thank you very much. I guess the problem with F-Spot appearing as
stuck had to do with the fact that it was actually scanning through my
entire collection of pictures. I will try being more patient next
time. :-)

However, the weird thing is I cannot choose my local disk from the
Import function -- it appears F-Spot only looks for external drives or
connected cameras. So, I tried creating symlinks of subfolders on my
local disk pointing at certain parts of my externally stored photo
library -- but no luck: I cannot select them.

Anyway, I hope I will be able to post my experience about the tag
import from iPhoto later.

Talk to you soon.

Sergio