what happens when I rotate a photo ?

Hello,

I'm using the version from ubuntu hardy heron (that is 0.4.3.1), and
I'm wondering what happens when I rotate a photo (using [ keyboard
shortcut). Does F-spot
 - rotate the image data in the file,
 - or change some metadata in the file,
 - or change some metada in its own database ?

By the way, I tend to think that F-spot should never alter a file
without being explicitly told so (or by creating a new version).
A great advantage is that it makes the check for dupe files between
F-Spot and my CD-ROM easy as the files are always the same.

Does F-Spot ever alter the files ? If not, I think this "policy" is a
feature, and it would be great to advertise it.

What do you think ?

cheers

--
Sébastien Barthélemy