Re: bashisms

Tim Retout, 2008-02-20 10:25:44 +0000 :

[...]

>> (echo get-config time ; echo set-config time=$(date +%s)) \
>>     | gphoto2 --shell &> /dev/null
>                         ^^
> This will only work with bash... if this shell snippet is run under
> other POSIX shells, it might not work as expected. The portable way
> is to replace &>/dev/null with >/dev/null 2>&1

  Damn.  And I've recently switched from bash to dash, too, so I've
tracked bashisms wherever I found them -- but this snippet was
commented out (since it doesn't work with my current camera).
Otherwise, I concur :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

You can tune a filesystem, but you can't tuna fish.
  -- in the tunefs(8) manual page.