Re: Desktop background image extension?

Under what circumstances would the database be unavailable? My understanding is SQLite allows unlimited concurrent readers, though only one writer. Is there some other constraint, or am I misunderstanding SQLite?

-david

Stephane Delcroix wrote:
Hey David,

Writing this as an extension will require a running f-spot instance. On
the other hand, accessing the db directly might fail if f-spot is
running...
The correct proper solution would be implementing this just like the
f-spot-screensaver is done (if there's a running f-sopt, contact it,
otherwise start one, do the stuffs, stop it).
I don't think it's worth the pain... so in your case, I'd cook a
perl/bash/ruby/python/you-name-it cron script with error handling for
busy/unavailable database.

regards