Re: Desktop background image extension?

Hey David,

Writing this as an extension will require a running f-spot instance. On
the other hand, accessing the db directly might fail if f-spot is
running...
The correct proper solution would be implementing this just like the
f-spot-screensaver is done (if there's a running f-sopt, contact it,
otherwise start one, do the stuffs, stop it).
I don't think it's worth the pain... so in your case, I'd cook a
perl/bash/ruby/python/you-name-it cron script with error handling for
busy/unavailable database.

regards