Re: Tools Extension help needed

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 10:46 +0100, Ulf Rompe wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 11.11.2007, 08:39 +0600 schrieb Bengt Thuree:
> > I am sure this will fix it :)
> > Especially that version number ....
>
> The example you can find on f-spot.org states Core 1.2 as a dependency.
> I still wonder if they chose this version number just to confuse new
> developers.
No, I didn't choose that numbering scheme to confuse new (or old)
developers... right now, everytime I modify the f-spot public API
(meaning exposing new stuffs to possible addins developers), I bump the
Core version number.

The current scheme is FSPOTVERSION.SVNREVISIONNUMBER, e.g. 0.4.0.3457

If your extension uses one of the latest addition to the public api,
you'd have to depend on the latest Core version.

The problem Bengt had is not related to the numbering scheme (even if
changing the dependency is a valid workaround) but to some underlying
issue in Mono.Addins (hopefully fixed soon)