Re: ufraw (and others) integration

Ulf Rompe wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 04.11.2007, 20:14 -0500 schrieb Daniel Falk:
I'm wondering if this fits in with a workflow that doesn't want to
keep the raws forever.  I'm wondering this because that's the boat I'm
in.  I take way too many pictures and have too little hard drive
capacity to keep the raws around, but the actual jpgs I'd like to
keep.  What would be the best way to do that?  There just doesn't seem
like a really good way to either a) import only jpgs or b) replace
raws with jpgs after import.

I could imagine a simple extension that gives you an additional menu
item called something like "Delete RAW versions of selected photos".
Right now digging my way into F-Spot extension hacking, I would say such
an extension would be easy to implement.

[x] ulf
That would be very good. Although currently I'm archiving the RAW's to DVD along with their sidecar files so that if I do want to go back and look at them later I can. I should have been more specific in my original posting.

Could you suggest a solution to this? It could be as simple as instead of deleting the raws, moving them to a predefined directory where they can later be archived off to a disc. Thing is, I'm also not sure how the sidecar file (which I think is called *.ufraw in this case) is handled in f-spot, nor do I know if UFRaw allows those files to be moved around to different directory locations.