Export to Picasa failure - Error Connecting to Gallery

I finally got f-spot 0.3.5 to build.  Seems to be working well, except
that I can't export to Picasa, which is unfortunate, given that this is
the main reason I've been working on building f-spot.

I'm running under KDE.  At first I was getting crashes about
gnome-keyring-daemon not running.  So (similar to a msg on the list),
I'm running the daemon & exporting the env vars, invoking f-spot as:

   export `gnome-keyring-daemon` ; f-spot

Now, instead of crashing, I get the dialog popup:

   Error Connecting to Gallery
   Please verify that the settings for this gallery are correct.

In the terminal window, I see:
   Can't get the albums
   Can not connect to Picasa. Bad username ? password ? network
connection ?
   Can't get the albums

I can connect to picasa via web browser, and I've repeatedly checked my
user name & password in f-spot & gnome-keyring-manager, but can't get it
to connect.

Is picasa export known to work in version 0.3.5 with Fedora core 6?  Any
ideas for fixes or work-arounds?

Thanks,

--
Harvey Stein <hjstein covad net>