Re: Moving existing photos to new import location
- From: "Andrew Conkling" <andrew conkling gmail com>
- To: "Robert Havens" <fspotlist silvertalon net>
- Cc: "f-spot-list gnome org" <f-spot-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Moving existing photos to new import location
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:51:35 -0400
On 3/21/07, Robert Havens <fspotlist silvertalon net> wrote:
Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I still maintain that the photos database should be in the root of the
> photos folder and that the paths should be relative to that structure.
> Then it's portable and sharable without path issues.
I really want to see this too. I've already started one photo library
over because I initially built it in a folder on my desktop. When I
eventually moved it I got a surprise!
Whether the database is in the photo folder or not, the stored paths to
the photos should be relative to the specified photo folder, not an
...or, some sort of Move UI should be built-in. I'm not sure what kind
of havoc changing the database structure would have. Ultimately, this
flexibility is relatively important.
If I can get my Mono skills a bit sharper, maybe I could hack up some
sort of plugin that would do that. :P
] [Thread Prev