Re: Excessive memory use

On 6/15/07, Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net> wrote:
Lorenzo Milesi wrote:

> there is a "big" bug open on this issue. seems a problem with libexif.
>
> Actually there's no solution :(

If there is a problem with libexif, there is a solution. Maybe filing a
bug report to libexif people about the problem, with detailled
information. If it is a memory leak, it can be fixed.
(and yes, I have cvs commit access on libexif)

The problem with libexif has been fixed, but actually the excessive
memory usage doesn't seems to be referred to this, at least in my
case.

If possibile, can someone try doing the following?
1. edit a tag assigned to many pictures
2. click to modify tag's icon
3. browse through the pictures, KEEPING AN EYE ON MEMORY USAGE.

while doing this, after just 20 pics or so on my system memory usage
start rising and rising, and never falling back until I close F-spot.
It keeps doing this even after patching libexif, so it's a new bug for sure.

If someone else can confirm this behavior I'll file a new bug.

Thanks
maxxer