Excessive memory use

Hi all,

I'm having memory problems in f-spot (0.3.5-0ubuntu2 in Ubuntu Feisty)
since this week.  I have a 2GB machine and a 4000 pictures db (quite
small files in general, less than 1Mb).  When I start f-spot it starts
consuming above 1GB, and trying to import some new files end up with
out-of-memory errors.

- Is that a normal memory consumption rate?

- Is there any way to reduce the memory used? (reducing size of
thumbnails , or limiting pictures within a given time frame...)

- Any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Gari