Thumbnail not removed when image is manually removed

I noticed that when I manually remove or edit an image via a non
F-Spot driven application the thumbnail remains as it did before the
edit.

Also I notice that when I remove an image (or a whole folder of them)
the program does not update itself. Instead I still see the thumbnails
and they of course link to nothing.

I am betting that this issue has a bug or has at least been brought up
a few dozen times already. It would be nice to be able to make sure
(validate) that the F-Spot program shows only true, up to date,
accurate representations of the images in a catalog.

--
Sincerely yours,
Richard Krone

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no
matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and
your own common sense.
--Buddha