Resizing changes sharpness

Hi all,
I'm using f-spot for quite a time now, but every time I want to resize a picture, the sharpness changes significantly. I compared the resizes from f-spot, eog, gThumb and flickr, and it seems f-spot has the worst resizing algorithm. To see the differences, compare these two pictures:
http://download.juriansluiman.nl/fspot/fspot.jpg
http://download.juriansluiman.nl/fspot/flickr.jpg

It's clear the flickr resized picture is more sharpened than the fspot one. I couldn't find anything about it on the wiki or the archives, so I'm asking it here. I really like the program, all the features and the usability. But the resizing problem struggles me. Is it possible to fix it?

Thanks a lot, you're doing a great job ;)

Jurian Sluiman