Re: F-Spot slow when scrolling 8000+ pictures

No.  I am saying that I experienced a slowdown because F-Spot was
regenerating my thumbnails.  I am suggesting that your's is slow as it
may be doing the same thing.. ?

You can force F-Spot to regenerate all of your thumbnails by selecting
all of the photos and choosing the "Regenerate thumbnail" option from
the menu.

Mind you I only had to do this because I deleted the .thumbnails
directory.  It had thumbs for lots of images and videos that had been deleted
a long time ago.