Re: F-Spot slow when scrolling 8000+ pictures

On 11/01/07, George Talusan <george convolve ca> wrote:
I saw this too after I erased my ~/.thumbnails directory -- it was large
at 6GB.  After erasing it, F-Spot, I think, tried regenerating
thumbnails for all of my 50,000 pictures.  It took a long time and I
think it stalled a few times.  I had to restart the application before it got to
the point where the slowness went away.

Proportionally, that fits as my ~/.thumbnails is 650 MB. Are you
suggesting that erasing that folder and letting F-Spot rebuild it
would make F-Spot faster?

Are there any other methods that I could use? Such as, reducing the
thumbnails quality? I don't want to reduce their size any smaller than
they are already.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://essentialinux.com/locale.php