Re: importing and saving of pictures

Hi Michael,

> I am currently working on a patch for bug# 329040, which describes
> exactly this.  The bug you opened (412674) looks like a duplicate and
> should be closed.  After I attach the patch, try it out and see if it
> works as you would like.

Yes, that bug seems to describe my problem quite exactly. Is your patch
likely to make it to an upcoming release, or should I download and apply
it myself? Cause it's something I've never done.

> There should be a utility to "re-import" photos based on updated exif
> data.

I'm really just guessing here, but how intensive would it be to
re-import it, as you say, automatically when exif data is changed from
within f-spot? I mean, detect exif changes to a given number of files if
f-spot just performed an operation on them, and move them if the date
was changed.

There could also be a menu entry used to detect exif changes to any file
in the collection, just in case someone changes the data from outside
f-spot, but I'm not sure up to which point it would be useful so I'm not
advocating it, just throwing a thought.

> It would also be nice if you
> could specify to import to a folder based on the day they are
> imported, rather than the exif data.

That would certainly make my life as an user quite easier.