Re: importing and saving of pictures

Hi Stephane,

> F-Spot does not move pictures once copied into folder, whatever the
> status of the 'Write Metadata to file' in the Preferences dialog.

Is there any reason for it not to move pictures when their date changes?
It would seem the logical thing to do.

Apart from moving the pictures, metadata doesn't seem to be saved to the
file (as I said, the new date does not remain if you remove the picture
from the collection and then readd it). Is that a bug, or intended
behaviour?

> If you're not happy about how f-spot keeps the pics (yyyy/mm/dd), you
> can ask f-spot to manage the pictures in _your_ location (by unchecking
> the 'Copy' in the import folder).

In fact that's what I do, but it's not so handy. If you drag a folder
into f-spot, for example, it won't even ask you if you want to copy them
or not.