managing raw files
- From: vescovi christophe <christophe vescovi numericable fr>
- To: f-spot-list gnome org
- Subject: managing raw files
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:05:17 +0100
I am using f-spot for some month now and there is only one thing that
I shoot exclusively in raw format and even if this format is supported
in f-spot, I still do not know how it can be integrated in what f-spot
is for : photo management.
I don't care for editing raw files in f-spot, I use ufraw for that. But
I would like to be able, when looking to a jpeg file, to know which raw
file have been used to generate this jpeg, and to launch ufraw on this
file for modifications in one clic.
- Versions may be used for this, but for now, if a new version of a raw
file is generated, it is a raw file, not a jpeg. It is not clear for me,
if and how I can make a link to an other version.
- Jpeg files could be "assign" to a raw file, as a new version of the
- Ufraw ID files could be include in the catalog with the associated
jpeg as a way to find the original raw file and the settings used to
generate the jpeg.
It is quite complicated to find the right way to manage raw files, and I
think that this format should not be treated the same way as other image
] [Thread Prev