Re: f-spot for Windows

Op woensdag 14-02-2007 om 14:00 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef C.
Heppner:
> since f-spot is written with c# and mono I wonder if anyone ever
> tried to port it to windows?

The only thing I've seen is this thread on the list last month:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/f-spot-list/2007-January/msg00009.html

> Would that be a hard thing to do?

I think it would take a significant amount of time porting Linux or Unix
specific libraries (mostly Gnome infrastructure) to Windows or porting
F-Spot to the appropriate alternatives.

A lot depends on the current state of Gnome infrastructure on Windows.

However, it would probably be beneficial to add some abstractions to
really problematic regions of the F-Spot code base, so if you're
planning to look at this be sure to send any patches you make to the
list or Bugzilla.

--
Martijn Vermaat

mvermaat cs vu nl