Re: restart from scratch

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 11:46:22PM -0800, John Bartlett wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried several times to un-install f-spot but always some files
> remain. This means that when I reinstall I have 2-3-4 thumbnails without
> associated image files. I started going through the files, deleting from
> catalogue the ones without matching image files but when I realised how
> long it would take with about 5000 files, I tried to select all (ctrl-a)
> and delete so I could start again. This hung the application and I was
> then back to square one. I really want to get this app back to the way
> it was before I fouled it up. It worked then exactly the way I wanted it
> to.
>
> Is there a way to clean out the db for a new start?

couldn't you just rename the photos.db file?

I just deleted my photos.db file, started f-spot to re-create it and
the wrote a script to gather up all my images and movies and move them
into directories based by either the EXIF date or the mtime of the
file and then wrote directly to the database.

Thumbnails are a different story.  I was just about to ask about that
in a different thread:

moseley bumby2:~$ locate thumbna | grep moseley | wc -l
6583

moseley bumby2:~$ sqlite3 .gnome2/f-spot/photos.db
SQLite version 3.4.2
Enter ".help" for instructions

sqlite> select count(*) from photos;
5454