Re: restart from scratch

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 09:24 +0100, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
> > Is there a way to clean out the db for a new start?
> >
> you can just remove it!
> > Could I delete some/all of the files listed below to do this?
> >
> > file:///home/john/.gnome2/f-spot
> >
> if you delete the whole directory, there will be no more f-spot
> traces.
> if you want you can delete the gconf tree too, but shouldn't harm if
> left over. Btw I don't see the db in the files you listed. it's called
> photos.db.

Thanks maxxer. I eventually found a lot more files containing f-spot
references and deleted them after first uninstalling f-spot. In my
ignorance, it seemed obvious that complete un-installation of f-spot
would get rid of all associated files but of course that did not happen.
A pity because every time I reinstalled I automatically added the files
to the earlier thumbnails and ended up with a mess of thousands of
duplicate files. Now I'll leave well alone!

Thanks again,

John.