Re: F-spot crashes when importing a photo (test in f-spot 0.4?)

Stani's Python Editor wrote:
Hi,
Converting a friend from Windows to Ubuntu, one of the selling points of
gnome is f-spot. Unfortunately f-spot seems to crash when she tried to
import a photo. She send me the photo and I can confirm it. I tried
running f-spot in debugging mode and paste the traceback below (and
included exif data). The photo opens fine in any other image viewer.
When I save a copy in Gimp with another name, there is no problem to
import the copy.
I am using f-spot 0.3.5 on Ubuntu Feisty. I can send the photo to
anyone, but did not want to send it to this list as the size is 960kb. I
tried to build the new f-spot 0.4 but had to abandon because of unmet
dependencies on Feisty. Right now I don't have a spare machine or enough
harddisk free to test it in Ubuntu Gutsy. My question is if someone
could test this photo in f-spot 0.4 to see if it works there. If it
works in 0.4, I think my friend can wait till Gutsy, in the hope
f-spot-0.4 will be included there. (Can anyone confirm this?) If 0.4
also crashes on it, is any developer interested to debug what is wrong?
Thanks in advance!
Stani

I asked Dani to send me that picture and tried to import it into F-spot 0.4 (Ubuntu Feisty) but it also crashed (I tried this several times). After re-saving it, there were no problems.

Roland