F-spot crashes when importing a photo (test in f-spot 0.4?)

Hi,
Converting a friend from Windows to Ubuntu, one of the selling points of
gnome is f-spot. Unfortunately f-spot seems to crash when she tried to
import a photo. She send me the photo and I can confirm it. I tried
running f-spot in debugging mode and paste the traceback below (and
included exif data). The photo opens fine in any other image viewer.
When I save a copy in Gimp with another name, there is no problem to
import the copy.
I am using f-spot 0.3.5 on Ubuntu Feisty. I can send the photo to
anyone, but did not want to send it to this list as the size is 960kb. I
tried to build the new f-spot 0.4 but had to abandon because of unmet
dependencies on Feisty. Right now I don't have a spare machine or enough
harddisk free to test it in Ubuntu Gutsy. My question is if someone
could test this photo in f-spot 0.4 to see if it works there. If it
works in 0.4, I think my friend can wait till Gutsy, in the hope
f-spot-0.4 will be included there. (Can anyone confirm this?) If 0.4
also crashes on it, is any developer interested to debug what is wrong?
Thanks in advance!
Stani

$ f-spot --debug
** Running f-spot in Debug Mode **
** Running Mono with --debug   **
Starting new FSpot server

(f-spot:8330): libglade-WARNING **: unknown attribute `comment' for
<property>.
Reloading
item changed

(f-spot:8330): libglade-WARNING **: unknown attribute `comment' for
<property>.
item ImportCommand+SourceItem
Scanning /home/stani/Desktop/test
item changed
open uri = file:///home/stani/Desktop/test/img_0910.jpg
cleanup context
Segmentatiefout (core dumped)

$ exif img_0910.jpg
EXIF tags in 'img_0910.jpg' ('Intel' byte order):
--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
Tag
|Value
--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
Manufacturer
|Canon
Model               |Canon EOS 350D
DIGITAL
Orientation         |top -
left
x-Resolution
|72,00
y-Resolution
|72,00
Resolution Unit
|Inch
Date and Time       |2006:06:18
05:50:01
YCbCr Positioning
|co-sited
Exposure Time       |1/124
sec.
FNumber
|f/5,6
ExposureProgram     |Normal
program
ISO Speed Ratings
|100
Exif Version        |Exif Version
2.21
Date and Time (origi|2006:06:18
05:50:01
Date and Time (digit|2006:06:18
05:50:01
ComponentsConfigurat|Y Cb Cr
-
Shutter speed       |456510/65536 sec. (APEX:
11)
Aperture
|f/5,6
Exposure Bias