Mission Statement - Summary

Hi Guys

I thought I would collect all the various mission statements we have
produced so far into one mail, so we can continue the discussion a bit.

I like #3, but perhaps modify (simplify) it a bit. The powerful I read as
for more professional.

8)
F-Spot helps you manage your digital photos in a powerful yet
highly-intuitive way.  It provides easy ways to perform common tasks
like finding, organizing, modifying, and sharing photos with friends and
family.

/Bengt

1)
f-spot allows both the casual and professional photographer to manage
their digital photos in an easy and intuitive manner.  It provides
simple ways to perform common tasks like searching for a specific photo,
while supporting the complex workflows required by the professional
photographer.

2)
F-Spot aims to help you manage your digital photos in a powerful yet
highly-intuitive way.  It makes common tasks like finding a certian
photo or photos quickly, organizing via tags, doing minor touchups, and
sharing with friends and familiy trivial.  In addition, more powerful
features for expert users are available where it is possible to do so
without sacrificing userfriendliness.  It also strives to be standards
compliant and interoperable with other programs all the while being
available under the GPL.

3)
F-Spot helps you manage your digital photos in a powerful yet
highly-intuitive way.  It provides easy ways to perform common tasks
like finding a certain photo or photos quickly, organizing photos via
tags, doing minor touchups, and sharing photos with friends and family.

4)
F-spot is a free and open photo management application designed to let
you easily view, organize and share your photos with friends and
family.

5)
F-Spot is about bringing an order to your digital photo collection. This
includes finding the right photo quickly, doing minor touchups, adding
keywords and subject, sharing it with friends and family with an intuitive
and clear gui, and all this under the GPL lic

6)
F-Spot aims to help you manage your digital photos in a powerful yet
highly-intuitive way.  It makes common tasks like finding a certian
photo or photos quickly, organizing via tags, doing minor touchups, and
sharing with friends and familiy trivial.  In addition, more powerful
features for expert users are available where it is possible to do so
without sacrificing userfriendliness.  It also strives to be standards
compliant and interoperable with other programs all the while being
available under the GPL.

7) Current statement on the web
F-Spot is a full-featured personal photo management application for the
GNOME desktop (http://www.gnome.org/).

Comparision
Picasa :
"Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the
pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates
all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual
albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize. You can drag
and drop to arrange your albums and make labels to create new groups. Picasa
makes sure your pictures are always organized."

iView MediaPro:
With iView MediaPro you can quickly and easily organize, catalog, edit,
publish, annotate and archive all your images, movies, fonts and
sounds - Your Complete Digital Workflow.