Re: Test Suite containing various stages of Windows Vista Gallery and f-spot tagged images

On Wed Sep 13 at 20:40 (-0500), Andrew wrote:
> I have created this "suite", I guess you could call it, of images that
> have been modified by f-spot and Vista Gallery (technically "Windows
> Photo Gallery").
[details follow...]
> So note that a very serious issue appears to exist with f-spot that
> causes any file modified with it to no longer show tags in Photoshop.

Hi Andrew and thanks for this nice work.

I've just had a look at your files and it seems the tagging has been
done by f-spot pre-0.2.1, meaning a *very old* version (more than a day
or two ;). Version 0.2.1 brings a number of improvements and fixes to
xmp writing so I suggest you try again with this version, if at all
possible.

Hopefully you'll see the problems fixed.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this testing and I apologize for
asking you to do it again.

Cheers,
Thomas "mercen" PARIS

P.S.: I was only half-joking when saying it's a very old version. It of
course is not, but I'm so happy to see that the pace has increased so
much. My thanks go to Larry for taking so much into f-spot in the past
days.

--
Google Talk / Jabber: mercen jabber typhon net
http://mercen.org         <- news