Re: disk full

On 29/10/06, Antti Ahonen <aahonen gmail com> wrote:
My photos disk is getting full. What is the right way to start a newone?

Is there a way to move my pictures in a way the tags remain the same,
or can I assign the F-spot to move new files I copy to the database to
another disk?

If you have "write metadata to file" checked, then you can move the
pictures to their new location and the metadata will stay in them. If
you get the thumbnails twice, then rm ~/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db and
reimport them. Note that you'll lose the tags heiarchy, and possible
other things. (versions, rating, anything else?)

Note that you'll need the latest 0.2.2 or CVS to actually read the
metadata in the pictures.

Dotan Cohen

http://gmail-com.com/
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/distribution.html