Re: Tag search for all / any tags

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 11:51:55PM -0400, Warren Baird wrote:
> It seems like a hybrid solution might be best -  default to AND between
> top level categories and OR within them, but provide a relatively easy
> way to switch that default on the fly (modifier key, RMB menu, something
> like that)

To sometimes ANDing and sometimes ORing sounds like something that will
confuse the average user.  But a simple way to shift between AND/OR and
ID/NOT e.g. 2 buttons above the list of tags sounds like a good idea.

> With the current 'OR' based filtering, I find I miss NOT almost as often
> as I miss AND...   providing a way to do that easily also would be
> fantastic...

I would suggest to have a line like the tag line that appears when you
press t. This line should appear whenever some tags are selected and
write the current search term. e.g. "Paris or London" and then the user
can edit this line (with the keyboard) to "Paris and London" or "not
(Paris or London)" or "Paris or London or Madrid". Wasn't there a patch
that did something like this?